PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 11:10
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANFlyer,

With due respect, I feel compelled to point out that having commenced your posting by admonishing another contributor for expressing a slightly inflammatory point of view, you - in the very same posting - dismiss all vacation travelers as 'bucket and spade idiots.' I will resist the temptation to say, "Grow up kid, you'll be spitting next!" :-)

But seriously, do you believe that vacationers have less right to travel than anybody else? Do you not recognize that the customers who can afford holidays are those who have worked hard to earn that privilege? Does Mr. Smith deserve contempt when he arrives back from holiday on Sunday, but respect when he departs for Zurich on business the following day?

I put it to you that it is not desirable to develop a two-tier approach to MAN's customers with arriving passengers from Palma treated as a nuisance and those from Chicago considered the aristocracy. Because the problem is that these are the *same* people on different days; if they adjudge the airport harshly from their Palma experience they will avoid its allures when booking business travel to Chicago.

The airport is absolutely right to treat all its customers with equal respect. After all, do you consider yourself to have suddenly morphed into an idiot when you decide to take a hard-earned holiday rather than a business trip? No personal offence intended.

Cheers, SHED.