PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for an interview??
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2002, 22:50
ac100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Educate your friends too!!!

Please do not pay the money for an interview. They need you to operate their aircraft and therefore you should not be paying them for the privillage of having your skills on the flight deck. You have invested a great deal of time and money into your profession. Do not allow the possibility of flying for a airline suck you into this ridiculous practice of having to pay to obtain employment.

When will this stop!!!!! I beg all young aspiring aviators to please stop this madness. They need you not the other way around. Stick it out until you are able to work your way into the flight deck of a respectable airline that treats us all as professionals without having to pay for the anything other than your licences.

I strongly ask all aspiring pilots to consider what they are doing to the profession by paying for acceptance of applications, interviews or type ratings. You are destroying your own careers. All senior pilots have progressed to this point without having to pay for any of the above so you can too.

I strongly urge you all to tell this company, and any other, to shove it and be patient. these companies are taking advantage of young pilots who would do anything to be an airline pilot. Well, ladies and gentlemen, you are destroying your own careers and our profession by paying these fees.The market is picking up and you all will find work without having to take part in these absolutely stupid employment requirements.
AC100

Last edited by ac100; 29th May 2002 at 15:36.