PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Jul 2009, 09:32
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Fubaliera,

try to differentiate between "pro-company" and objective mate! I am not pro or contra company, I just try to paint a picture coming as close as possible to reality. And if this does not match your opinion, BOOHOO! Grow up.

What is wrong with MFF anyway. Many companies do it, so why should QR not do it?
It is the only way to attract new instructors on the A320 fleet, because remember once they accept they will be stuck for several years.

And be honest, there is almost NO difference between the two types anyway! So what exactly is the big deal? I have both types on my licence since many years and it takes me exactly 1 minute to get used from one to the other when entering the flightdeck!

Safety? Dont make me laugh! QR has hired pilots form all different backgrounds with very little experience straight on the A330! If they are able to survive, so will the A320 instructors, believe me!

Or are you guys on A330 a little bit too comfortable, thinking that you are sooo much better because you fly a widebody jet? So only you should be given the chance to instruct on your BIG bird?

Wake up and smell the roses! The bigger the airplane, the easier it is to operate! It is designed that way...

That is exactly the problem with most pilots here in this region. Their ego grows with the increase of MTOW of their airplane! Just like small kids. And you know what, your bosses know that! Thats exactly how they keep on selling you lies...

Wake up boys! Pink elephants do NOT exist!

Medical: do not worry. 99% is covered by the medical insurance and most hospitals in Doha know the deal with QR staff.