PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 08:39
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the next 3 years EZY are projecting to increase the fleet by 26 aircraft (to end of sept 2012). Not sure how many crews we have per aircraft but I think its about 4? (I have heard figures ranging from 3.5 to 7!!). WWW probably knows so hopefully he can correct me.

FO's will hopefully move into the LHS as we grow. If those Capt.'s go across full time (the very last batch of skippers are doing 6 months in the LHS then moving back to the RHS) then that means we need about 208 new FO's during the busy season in 2012 compared to this summer.

Add in a few retirements creating room for a few FO's to upgrade and a few leavers (medical, other airlines).

Not sure how accurate jb5000's figures are but using my fag packet very rough calculation it could take a while to empty the hold pool!! At least it will be emptying though I guess!

If you start now with CTC plan to work for a few years after graduation before getting a fixed term contract and you won't be upset and out of pocket. Anything else is a bonus.

Add up all the potential future recruitment and you will be very very hard pushed to get all the CTC cadets jobs in the UK. EZY have historically been by far the biggest recruiter from CTC. Other airlines have only taken a trickle of guys (by comparison) even during the good times.

Go in with your eyes open and a strong bank balance!