PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL training /SFH in South Africa
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 10:33
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always sad to see schools closing down, although FTC have had so much bad press that I might go so far as to cautiously say that it's for the best. I use the word "cautiously" because I have no first-hand experience of them.

FB - a very interesting point about the CAA. One thing which is very important to realise is that the CAA are not responsible for checking that a school operate in a consumer-friendly or financially-viable way.

The only thing the CAA are responsible for is ensuring that the training the school provides meets their requirements and fulfills the requirements of the syllabus. Just because a school can do this, it doesn't mean that this school won't screw its students over financially, or have such old, badly maintained aircraft that they are always going tech, or double-book slots with instructors, or any one of a number of other things that some schools do. And that applies to every single school - I'm certainly not directing these comments at FTC.

That's why it is so important to check a school out thoroughly before commiting large amounts of time/money, and even then you should hand over as little money in advance as possible.

FFF
----------------