PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots will not be armed... (merged)
Old 27th May 2002, 21:56
mriya225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neutral99,
I'm afraid I'm going to need some clarification on some elements of your post, if you'd be so inclined:

Quote: "But do you ever pause to consider why some people might "support, or tacitly condone" SOME terrorists actions against the US?"

My answer to this one is an unqualified "No". I sympathize with people who're not at liberty to express their revulsion--but that's as far as my feeble understanding will carry me.
Maybe it would be helpful if you provided me with some examples of what you consider to be "acceptable" reasons to approve of, or condone, illigitimate warfare that intentionally targets defensless civilians.

Quote: "This WoT won't be over until the US reconsiders its policy in the Middle East, stops funding Israel's military and terrorist actions against the Arabs and takes a more even-handed approach to its crucial super-power role."

This is perplexing to me on a number of different levels...

You fail to mention the extensive U.S. funding throughout the region ( MidEast Foreign Assistance--pdf ) principly to Egypt, Jordan and West Bank/Gaza; why is that? Is this information being factored into a comprehensive understanding of our fiscal obligations in the MidEast, or are you satisfied to focus exclusively on Israel?

And this issue, which has always confounded me...
I have yet to see one critic of our foreign policy where Israel's concerned acknowledge the ideological soundness of our continued support--given that they are the only democracy in the region. So, here we are--doing the very thing that people insist our foreign policy should be about, and yet it not only displeases you, but it is far and away the most contentious feature of our foreign policy. Would you care to address that glaring contradiction? And, furthermore, can you shed some light on why this criticism is supposed to compel us to betray an ally, given that virtually every other nation in the MidEast spends an inordinate amount of time spewing hatred not only towards Israel, but also towards the United States (including those that we assist financially)?

Unreal...

Last edited by mriya225; 27th May 2002 at 22:09.