PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA scrap meals(except breakfast!)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 00:02
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For years the 'regular' airlines have been downgrading, what used to be meals, to a sandwich or biscuits or similar, many of them seem to be looking at ways of reducing costs.

There was a time that KLM withdrew alcohol from economy class, the passengers voted with their bookings, and KLM felt compelled to reintroduce alcohol again.

Austrian withdrew complimentary food and beverages, like SAS, I didn't mind that so much, because it was available for purchase, whether it be a pizza slice or a prawn sandwich and one wasn't restricted to one miniature beer, if one was paying for it then one could have 2 or 3, I don't mind paying for food and drink providing that it is of quality and heated or chilled appropriately, and it is reflected in the cost of the ticket, Austrian subsequently reintroduced complimentary food and beverages obviously due to passengers voting with their bookings.

Not that I have flown with BA for some 4 years, not since they flew me back from AMS with the gear down much of the way due to some silly sod overfuelling it, but how do they get away with, under trading standards etc, claiming to be the world's favourite airline?