PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The RAF as a career today.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 21:45
John Stapleton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The RAF as a career today.

I couldn't think of anything better than to fly fast jets or even transport aircraft for the RAF and the fact that everything is paid for and there is a sense of secruity is a big part of it when considering career options and the state of the airline industry today. However I am not sure whether I want that 'way of life'. I know people say that if you dont want it 110%, then you will not get through selection/training.

I need some opinions on my attitude towards joining the military. People have said to me before that if I have ANY doubt about wanting to join, then don't bother but I'm after some more constructive advice. I can't think of anything better than flying fast jets on military ops but at the same time I would love to drive home from heathrow knowing that I can go fishing that evening or meet up with some people at the pub etc. I want to live knowing that if I want to leave my job I can, if I want to move house I can etc etc.

I apologise for the vagueness of this question and would like to hear any opinions or advice on my views