PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 21:34
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is threads and topics like this that I love, because it shows the very little business sense that some people have. Operating from IOM is not a game, it is business.

Flybe will enter a market where they feel there is adequate share. Despite what Jetstreamtechrecords may think, they wont just go in with the intention to kick another carrier off as there would be too much risk at running to a loss to begin with - they would only go in if they felt there were sufficient passenger numbers to start with.

BE have operated to and from BHX from the Island for a very long time so I hardly think that is a very good example, for your argument against Flybe. SOU still operates - it is not a primary business route and therefore operates to a leisure timetable (IE not daily, only certain days of the week)

To my knowledge, it was not the airport that had anything to do with the DHSS decision to go to BE. This was based on cost and I am sure the DHSS can make up their own mind.

I completely agree with the poster which said Manx2 would operate the thinner routes and BE the trunk routes. I dont think Manx2 have anything to worry about, right now BE have their eyes on bigger fish and they are on the mainland........someone that doesn't operate into IOM. Ooopss sorry that doesn't narrow it down much does it, not many carriers go there.