PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with pilot training.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 19:25
oscarorange42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with pilot training.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so i'm sure these questions have been asked 100,000 times so i do apologise for my ignorance but i just want to make sure i get real time up to date information.
I'm a 22 year old student finishing college and after 4 years and obtaining a degree i have realised i want to follow my dream and become a pilot. I have looked into this for years but, living in Ireland, to do the course in waterford, costs atleast €90,000 and moving away was never an option as my father was ill, but has since passed so i am now in a position to move away.
I have looked into doing training in america, particularily Florida,and the cost of training seems so much cheaper, places like phoenix east and delta connection academy to name a few. So to bring this story to an end i am looking for some info.
Number 1: does anyone know where the best schools in america to train are? or are the two i have named above any good?

2) Realistically what will it cost me to get a cpl in one of these structured programs?

3)what is the job scene like for pilots at the minute? is now a bad time to begin pilot training? I will be getting a loan from the bank with the help of my mother so this is obviously an important factor.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter as i am finding it hard to get any other sort of info on this!

Thanks,
oscarorange42.