PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to train
Thread: Where to train
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 17:54
SweetChariotXV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I was a dispatcher too a few years back... great fun! Anyway, think PPL does not matter too much where you do it. Its where you do the rest that really counts.

I did my PPL in the States, people knock it but had a great time, and as I was living in the Middle East at the time, was faster, cheaper, and more convenient than doing it in the UK.

For the ATPL full time course, I am presuming you are talking about ground school only? I was in same position, did not fancy the distance learning. Oxford looked at but far more expensive and you get exactly the same as the other schools provide. I opted for BCFT, good school, relaxed - no uniforms that you have to wear, and most importantly the instructors are good too.

If you are after full time training ie. Integrated, most of these schools such as BCFT etc, offer courses which are structered the same as integrated if you so wish, but at modular prices. Do research, and if you are serious about it, it is worth your while to jump in a car and see the places for yourself. You need to decide which is best for you in terms of location and which you would feel most comfortable at (its a tough 6 months of no life really). I heard London Met is good. Have not heard many great things about Cabair, and personally I would not want to do the ground school that splits stages and exams into 3 sittings.

Had a friend who just finished Oxford ground school and regretted not choosing the likes of BCFT or equivalent. Think paying the extra just for Oxford on CV was not pleasant!

Good luck