PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 16:10
james170969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, the fact that I live nearer to Prestwick than Glasgow has nothing to do with the comments that I made. I am more than happy to use either airport. I would feel exactly the same way if I lived in Paisley. However, I can not understand why certain users appear to be desperate for Ryanair to move to Glasgow and for Prestwick Airport to close. I wonder how they would feel if they worked at Prestwick and had a family to keep and had a mortgage to pay. I also noticed how some cowardly users of this and other forums hide behind the relative anonymity of the internet to trade childish insults with other users. This behaviour I find to be totally unacceptable. Everyone has a right to have an opinion and that is something that we should all respect. And I don't believe that anyone should wish the closure of an airport which would result in people becoming unemployed. I would certainly not wish this on either Glasgow or Prestwick. Before anyone asks, I do not work at either airport - I work for Royal Mail!