PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 16:01
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok what I meant was, if you don't feel confident, don't go just yet. I maintain that this level of maths is essential, not difficult and not something to worry about. If you don't think you can do it, don't think about becoming a pilot. Anyone with any kind of long standing desire to be a pilot knows that basic maths is a necessary tool to the trade and has worked at it, despite not being a 'natural' (and I know many). If you have any worry with regards to it, go away and come back when you don't. That might explain why some seem so frivilous about £100K of debt - they don't understand quantitive facts. Failing a maths test, such as this, by a couple of marks is no big deal, it can happen, and I am sure they will let you take it again if everything else is up to the standard. On that basis, no need to worry. I'd think much further ahead than the maths test if I were you (Not you Ttango).

Telling people not to bother with selection because of the current state of the industry is a completely different kettle of fish...
Exactly, if you have a brain and listen to sound advice form most on this site then leave it all together for the moment - not forever, but certainly for the next couple of years.