PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Delivery on Everything!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 08:39
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parcel delivery services - baaah !

IMHO Parcel Farce are by far the worst - they treat "Fragile" labels as a challenge,
and must run some sort of in house competition to see who can break the contents into the most pieces, or take the longest to deliver them.

Then again there was the company - who shall remain nameless ( but consisting of 3 letters - first one "D" ) who sent a driver to collect an item for delivery a couple of hundred miles away.
He didn't know what he had come to collect, or where it was going to be delivered to.

I had two parcels for collection that day - one worth about £750.00 and the other about £750,000 ! - He didn't get either of them !

When he returned that afternoon ( for the expensive one ) I had to help him lift the crate into the back of his rental van ( you know the sort - no tail lift but plenty of broken rear lights )

He didn't have any straps to tie the crate down, or to the side rails, but said he would pack the other parcels around the crate to stop it sliding !

My crate was going back to the Central hub, and the other parcels in the van ( some with "Challenge" labels on them ) were all to be delivered locally before he got there, so there would nothing left in the van to stop my crate sliding all over the place.

Reluctantly I agreed to his suggestion that he would drive "carefully" and allowed him to take it - Somehow it managed to arrive at its destination in one piece - more I suspect due to the careful packaging of the crate than of the care taken by the courier(s).