PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Travel (various merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2002, 18:22
Thunderbird One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you'll find that if you go into a travel agent to book an Airtours holiday thats what you'll get - an Airtours holiday.

In the My Travel UK Group there are various brands of holiday
companies like Manos, Aspro, Panorama Holidays and others,
not quite sure which, but like Airtours holidays they are all
marketed as individual brands and not My Travel Holidays.

It is only the airline that has changed it's name to My Travel and their travel agents Going Places. All the Airtours brochure etc still exist and are published up until October 2003.

The average package holiday maker doesn't know or care what the airline is called when booking a holiday and they don't really have a choice. They book a holiday and the holiday company charters the flight so it could be any charter. If you book Thomson
Holidays it's likely to be Britannia, If you book Airtours it's likely to be My Travel, however you will get Thomson passengers on My Travel and vise-versa sometimes.

Like most charted airline companies, the airline is secondary, it is the tour operator in the driving seat.

I'm sure that the average passengers aren't going to book a holiday just so they can fly Airtours International or Britannia etc. and if they do I'm sure thats not the reason why the My Travel group have so many un-sold holidays. After all - it's just a name.

Last edited by Thunderbird One; 31st May 2002 at 10:36.