PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to select flaps up in a A320?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 01:03
John Citizen

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Jumbo driver :

Problem with my atttitude ? Aggressive attitude ?

Sorry, please explain. I don't understand.

In these situations, I go along peacefully with the other pilot and do things if prompted. It just annoys me but I keep quiet. Is this aggressive ?

In regards to SOP's, in my last cyclic I flew with a training captain in the LHS who kept on prompting me to lower flap when I did not want to. I eventually gave in due to his persistence and went along with him. During the briefing at the end, I was criticised for lowering flap too early !!

But hey, who I am to know better ? I am just an aggressive inexerienced FO with an attitude problems who refuses to listen.

Often the same people who insist on saying "1000 to go" at 1200 to go when they're handling.
Yes, this is very annoying too but I just go along with it.

I sometimes wonder what would happen (I never do this) if :
-I replied "negative, I still got 1200 to go" (no doubt he would see me as a smart ass, but hey, the altimeters are out of tolerance !!)
or
- If started doing the same calls (other pilots standard calls) at the same time as the other pilot (early) when I was the Handling pilot / Pilot Flying.

Looks like its a race to some pilots who can make all the standard calls first, whether its their duty or not.

I once had a captain who still made my standard calls after I already made them

I think pilots who act like this have a "control freak" personality disorder and I am still trying to work out how best to deal with these people.

Suggestions anyone ?

Last edited by John Citizen; 29th Jul 2009 at 07:32.