PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IREX, Bob Tait's book and MDA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 21:54
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Kiiga" I am pleased that what I was trying to explain got thru, at times it's difficult to explain something that you know in words so that another understands, posts here show this to be the case. As for the CASA exams? Well their exams I have always felt are there to trip you up more than make you learn/understand anything. Their wording has caught many a pilot out along the way with common sense not being even slightly considered by the gooses who dream this stuff up! As you go thru yr IFR training you will learn much, far more than any text book will teach you, the text books are just a guide mostly (remember humans dreamed this at times rubbish up not machines) somewhere for you to start learning. Sure pass the exams (you obviously have to) but once out there in the real soup then you really start learning. Multi crew pilots in the most sophisticated A/C still stuff it up by CFIT for Eg. So don't think just because yr green that you are perhaps not good enough even the best haven't got a clue at times!

Wmk2

p.s...how often to we do we get to practice this 'unfunny' thing? Too often I reckon but it all boils down to a personal decision at the time despite what the rule books say.