PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich Airspace Proposal
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 18:57
2 sheds

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ICAO takes the view that IAPs deserve CAS; I certainly take the view that fare-paying passengers deserve a better deal that having to operate in Class G.

WorkingHard - Do you have any idea how much work and consultation is involved in this sort of exercise? (although it is a pity that none of the authors can spell Shipdham!) It is quite fatuous to suggest that this is merely ego building by the management. If you have some objection to the proposal, your voice will be heard, but you need to understand the reasons for the proposal, then to clarify any objections and be factual and logical with any argument or negotiation. A visit to ATC at SH might be instructive to see from their perspective the traffic that they have to avoid in order to minimise the final confliction statistics.

I certainly had experience of operating in a situation where, because of reduction in public transport flights, we lost the CTR previously established. The level of aerodrome activity did not change overnight, but the number of unknown aircraft flying just outside the ATZ did, including a Pitts S2 flying inverted through the final approach track at 3 nm final at 1000 ft just in front of traffic on ILS approach. One suspects that the closure of Coltishall might have had the same effect.

I seem to detect an attitude of "GA anti-CAS as a matter of principle". If you desperately need access to that precise piece of airspace, what exactly is your objection to obtaining ATC clearance to do so?

2s