PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 16:58
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No kwb911, that was for me, and I am touched that you didn't assume it was me thus implying you didn't think my point was stupid. So, you're on your own golfcharlie232......at least for the moment......

Yeah golfcharlie232 is right, the industry is great, the maths is REALLY hard, CTC are placing everyone, they barely have any hold pool as well. There wont be in excess of 200 people by Christmas. The airlines will definately want loads of people next year, there is no risk to securing the debt on your parents home and buying a TR is great idea and you wont ever regret it.

Contrary to what TheBeak says, it's not that easy.
That really depends on whether you wanted to be a pilot from the age of 3 and decided to work towards it all your life, study maths and gain a solid grasp of it OR you did media studies, general studies and art at school and decided 'I don't like working much and I think flying would be like going on holiday all the time so I think I'll do that' at the age of 17-22. I am sorry but there is nothing difficult about the maths, there are simple RULES to apply and there is a definate answer. If you couldn't be bothered to exercise your mind and learn THE RULES (especially at this level) then that says alot about you and your potential as a pilot.

Gavin as I said I was not trying to be rude, just truthful. The maths and the 'selection' is barely a bread crumb relative to the hurdles ahead of you if you choose to embark on training.

Good luck to you Gavin.