PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 13:55
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seem a fair performance from Ryanair, i suspect most of LoCo's will have had a good year having heaped on bag charges and increased credit/debit charges this past year to cover high fuel costs which are have what they were this time last year.

Bag allowances

Ryanair 15kg
Easyjet 20kg
Baby 18kg
Jet2 17kg
BA 23KG

Not sure about the other's but the extra 8kg you get with BA would cost a £120.00 with Ryanair

BA will allow two items of hand luggage, with Ryanair it one and any extra is £30.00 although the policing is very hit and miss, are you feeling lucky today punk?

Ryanair on many routes are fast becoming the only show in town other than med routes or turkey/Egypt (for now) i suspect that if the job market place for pilots remains poor then further cut in T&C's are on the cards and F/o's will get next to nothing as happens in many far east markets.

What commision does Visa Electron charge % for transactions to the card holder, must be a deal here between Ryanair n Visa, i know you need to have a credit balance and no interest is paid to the card holder?

Still well done Ryanair in showing that you can turn a profit in this market place, just a shame about the Aer Lingus stake the cash balance would be about 3 billion or BA pension deficit !!