PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 13:38
SayAgainSlowly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will mean that the non-GAAP Class D towers will have simpler entry procedures and no need for a VFR departure call.

Thats great news for the non-GAAP Class D towers (who make up a small proportion of movements Australia wide and from whom I dont think there has been alot of concern raised regarding this issue). But what about the GAAP Class D-in-waiting towers/zones that have the most movements, the most flight training and who have raised legitimate concerns regarding this issue on this thread?
Can someone please substantiate and/or explain the CASA logic that it is safer for me to hold OCTA around a GAAP approach point than to be the 7th or 8th aircraft allowed into the circuit (which includes people departing often on a segregated track, e.g BK, JT).

The frequency will be less cluttered at these airports, and safety will be improved.
The last time I flew into Albury or Tamworth (after operating out of GAAP) frequency congestion was the least of my worries.

Im all for safety, as Im sure every other reader of this thread is, but CASA seems to have an agenda and at the moment it appears to involve shafting GA.