PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly MayBe - wot a shower
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 11:10
bear11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read through this thread in disbelief, I occasionally wander on to the SLF forum and read some people with a loyalty card that seems to entitle them to think they own the airline, but this takes the biscuit.

I have a shiny arse from heavy paxing as opposed to a shiny card from my company paying business or first for me. The paxing gets me from A to B to do my job, and is treated as a means to an end. I read and understand the rules, because it's my job - I don't expect the pimply 18 year old to bend them for me. If I get caught because I didn't read them, I suck it up. Sometimes I get AOGs, diverts, bad weather, ATC delays, etc, but I suck it up and reschedule as best I can, because that's all I can do. I stand in huge checkin/immigration/security queues in airports, but I plan and arrive in good time as that's what I'm paid to do. And I ALWAYS say thank you to the hosties on the way out the aircraft door.

I have a friend who still thinks he can arrive 20 minutes before the flight at any airport and breeze through with everything as hand luggage to his Easyjet or Ryanair flight because he's BUSY. I refuse to fly with him any more when we go on holidays, because by the time he gets off the flight where we're going, his head is a blood-pressure purple from ranting about every single thing in the airport and on the aircraft. And I honestly couldn't argue with at least 80% of what he says.

Why come on pprune and rant about a few kgs in your hold baggage? It IS a pilot's website - admittedly there is an SLF section, but I can see some purpose in having a section where pilots can explain noises an A320 makes on the stand, or why -NGs can seem to land harder than other aircraft. I suppose a post such as this is marginally better than trying to join in on a technical discussion on A330 stall speeds, but what is it trying to achieve, do you think people who work in airports as their job day in and out will be impressed?