PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 07:09
Bengt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts or opinions?

Skipness One Echo
FACT Ryanair customer service is appaling.
FACT Ryanair treat wheelchair users as a nuisance.
FACT Ryanair sail close to the courts with their advertising year in year out.
FACT Ryanair disdain the competition.
FACT Ryanair sell on price and price alone. Much cheapness.
FACT Ryanair treat their own staff like ****
FACT Ryanair are downsizing their main base in Europe at Stansted
FACT Ryanair have just dumped on their loyal customers with second homes in France that flew from Stansted (they were warned but don't expect repeat custom)
I wonder what personal experience you have from travelling with a wheel chair user on Ryanair. I have a daughter who is disabled and we have travelled with Ryanair more htna 6 times the last 12 months. I have also travelled with SAS and Spanair. Ryanair wins the service game here. Especially now after the enforced online checkin where you can book your needed assistance online without calling the service phone. On the airport the assistance has been great also. When arriving on the plane there are easily acceible seats very clos to the entrance with place for the assistants. Well done Ryanair! I have some horror stories from Spanair flights to tell you...
As of customer service there is the nuisance with the pay per minute call center, but otherwise I have been given good service when I have made mistakes in booking without any cost ...
For advertising I also do not agree with you. When Ryanair advertises 1 SEK sales I do not have any problem finding the tickets for a return flight for 2 SEK total. That is more than you can say about SAS and other's campaigns..
Some of you rother points are probably correct.
Still Ryanair does not sell on price only. Simplicity (small airports, quick away, no luggage lost etc) are also selling points...