PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform policy
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 06:38
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEFRA said: (but this was changed as people were wearing them tied at the waist when it got warm)

Mystified here. Are you claiming that they ignored an order not to strip to their waists or that they should be allowed to strip to their waists?

Generally speaking, I sympathise with your plight though. I remember way back when, NBC dress states kept changing on exercise. Gawd, the palavah . In the end we decided to ask the AOC to tell the sqn commander to stop making us get in and out of noddy suits, body armour and respirators all the time. All that being time being paid to dress and undress - honestly, it really ruined our outlook and quality of life. And as for that Osprey! For the life of me, I don't know why the troops in theatre just don't say 'Look, enough is enough. Its far too warm to be messing about getting in and out of this'.

Good luck with your cause - just because they pay you, they think they can tell you what to do in work time. Resign.. yes - thats what I'd do. I certainly wouldn't stand for being messed about like that either.