PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best weather sites ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2009, 22:01
Sutty

Location: Brittany, Bristol, Birmingham.. anywhere beginning with B really...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone who replied, (and especially those with tips for additional weather information) - and.. you'll be relieved to hear that I'll be 'self loading freight' flying from Rennes - Paris - Amsterdam - Stavanger, and I'll have to leave at 2pm on Thurs just to be there for my helicopter checkin at 11am the next day. ( I actually live in Brittany, but hop over GA to Tatenhill to see ma & pa, hence the ref to the midlands, but, so far, never gone further). Ultimately, I know that the go/nogo has to be made on the day, and with the best information technology can provide, whether you are going 30 miles or 300, but, one day there will be a 3 day window with guaranteed 2500 minimum cloud base, and no CBs, and I'll be able to do it. For me, flying is too expensive to be only a bit of fun, it has to be at least a bit useful too. I'm studying for my IMC rating, and that's making me a better pilot, bit by bit. And if the boys and girls at the met office are doing their best to raise the bar a bit too,.. well, there's definitely hope!
BTW, this thread might be a bit of a resource for others too, so keep it coming with your favourite 'met' sites!
thanks again, Mark