PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting It Right when Things Go Wrong
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2009, 17:41
ArthurBorges

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemme see now

I've been mostly Y-class on and off since 1960, which will make half a century of SLFing for me next year.

If I can remember all the carriers, we get Air India, BEA (now defunct), TWA, United, SAS, Linjeflyg, Icelandair, LOT, Air France, Air Inter (gone), Lufthansa, China Southern Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Hainan Airlines, EVA, Finnair, Emirate, Royal Thai (I think it was), Balkan, Egyptair, CAAC, TunisAir, Swissair (another goner now), Air Mauritanie (gone too), Vietnam Airlines and Air Canada, plus a few charter operations with a/c that looked only very moderately reassuring as I made my way up the stairs.

The worst I remember is a two-hour takeoff delay and the odd touch of turbulence to rattle my economy class food tray but not enough to tip over the beverage. Only one grumpy cabin attendant in all that time too. On the other hand, I was looking lost after my first landing in Hanoi when a pair of beancounters with Vietnam Airlines took pity on me outside the main airport entrance and gave me a lift into town.

As far as my firsthand fingers can see and feel, you all do a great job.