PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I have to present receipts for compensation?
Old 27th Jul 2009, 13:06
nadineurban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I have to present receipts for compensation?

Hello,

I feel like a airline operator is selling me short and I don't know who I could ask for advice. I came across this forum and was hoping someone could give me advice.

In short: I experienced a 5 hour delay on my flight from London to Budapest. There was at no point of the entire delay any customer service staff from the airline operator. The entire situation was very poorly handled. My partner and I complained after we returned from Budapest. We have been given an apology and been asked to scan in our receipts for refreshments. Without a receipt we would not get any compensation.

"...we cannot reimburse your additional food expenses without copies of valid receipts showing the amount paid, name of an item/service purchased, date and details of a shop/cafe in which the purchase was made." Airline Operator

No one from customer service spoke to us at any time during the delay. We did not know, that we would have to keep any receipts.

To settle the dispute I have asked for a £15 voucher or cheque for my expenses but the airline refuses to pay anything:

"...we cannot reimburse your additional food expenses without copies of valid receipts showing the amount paid, name of an item/service purchased, date and details of a shop/cafe in which the purchase was made." Airline Operator

Its not about the money here. Its more about my right. Could you please give me advice what I am entitles to?

I am thankful for any advice
Nadine