PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC / JOC - Where??
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2009, 11:02
j_m_pearson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers everyone! - Bit more info if you don't mind!

Guys,

Thanks so much for all the information. There are indeed a number of options!! I appreciate you all giving me a constructive hand with this. The NG looks awesome, I'd really love to do the MCC on that, seems to tick all the boxes and compares well to where commercial airliners are going technology wise.

Unfortunately might be a little expensive right now with the market from looking at the website.

I was looking at the full motion 732 that someone suggested, looks pretty reasonable and some good feedback about the course too. Will give them a ring this week.

I was wondering if anyone had been to CRM Europe, they seem to be relatively new, apparently opened up last year for external applicants and have been running CRM and JOC courses for the Western Australian Aviation School alongside some others. A mate of mine knows two of the guys who were on it last month and said it was really good in a top notch simulator (unfortunately no motion, but apparently brand new with excellent visuals) with ex airline captains giving great experience and instruction (which is what someone suggested earlier about Europe).

I ask as I'm pretty local to Cranfield, minimizing cost is the most important factor alongside quality for me and would mean I can stay at home. Anyone got any feedback? Would love to hear what others think as I don’t want to stitch myself up!

Otherwise I'd best get in the car and do some visiting!!

Thanks again in advance.