PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey (or similar) jobs.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2009, 07:01
JONESING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Aileron! Glad you're having a ball too.

I have to admit i love the perdiem system. It is great for cashing up, but i'll give you one word of warning.......Get someone who is expert in Oil-rigs, mines and trucking to do your tax! I just found out i've been dorked out of $10000+ over the last 3 returns......I know more about tax than the last 2 accountants i've been to. And i know nothing!

Re: Low level endorsements, I'd ask the particular company you're targeting who their preferred supplier is, it may help. It's also a good way to build a rapport with the hirer/firer. It took me a year to get into my job, and every phone call/follow up with the chief helped. P.s Don't feel inclined to recount any illegal low fliying or scalding beat-up stories to illustrate your low level prowess. These days you'll get the arse if you get caught.

Also, sometimes, if you are the next guy in line for a job and you don't "quite" have the requisite ticks in the box, the company will provide them free to get you on the job poste haste. The trick is to make it look like you were going to get it done on your own.

There doesn't seem to much work in Aus right now for us either. Luckily i'm O/s on long one, but lot's of casuals went without work and drifted away post downturn. Still, does'nt hurt to try, eh?

Jonesing