PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 23:24
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
The pride you take in doing your job is apparent, Atlantic Cowboy. But just what is your job? Do you ever ask yourself that? You work for an organisation that isn't dealing with this problem because it is the problem. Flight Safety only works if it is the sole concern of those charged with ensuring its implementation. That is why Civil Aviation has a Regulator completely separated from the Operators. That is why Accident Investigation in Civil Aviation is separated from them both, because either could be the problem. In Military Aviation all three are one and the same and objectivity goes straight out of the window. The Banking Crisis was bad enough with Independent Regulation which was weak. How much greater the crisis if the Banks had been merely monitored by themselves? We'd all be queueing at the Soup Kitchens! That's just money, this is about lives. Eventually the cost in lives due to the failure of the MOD to provide for airworthiness will be known. As I have said above, it is sixty and counting by my reckoning. When I asked if you ask yourself about your job, I mean you and everyone in the MOD who has an input in maintaining the status quo. That status quo is the problem. You are the problem. Think on!