PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 21:28
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyperveloce
...and the Toronto copilot joined AF in 1985 (over 40 yrs in 2009): he is not the AF 447 captain (not qualified for A340 in 2005) nor the copilots (too young). So the facts seem to oppose to the possibility that either the Toronto CPT (now probably retired) or the copilot/PF for landing may have been in the AF 447 cockpit, don't you agree ?
I'm afraid you have the advange of me, Jeff, as I don't read French very well. However, if you say that the pilot of AF447 was not assigned to and did not fly the A340 as a copilot in 2005 - I agree with your conclusion. But if the Toronto copilot joined Air France some 24 years ago and the AF447 pilot was rated in the A330 in 2006 and rated in the A340 in 2007, these facts do not indicate any reason why they cannot apply to a single person. Certainly, the AF447 pilot was flying something for Air France in 2005, but I don't know what - and, as I understand the reports, the AF447 captain was younger than his copilot(s) on that flight. Is this not true?

I'm only interested because of the absolute certainty with which I am told these two pilots are one in the same and, if true (notice, I said IF true) that would speak volumes about whether or not Air France takes seriously the fact that their pilots operate with a really good sense of situational awareness regarding things like weather.