PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 20:40
Hyperveloce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirRabbit
You might want to recall that it was the F/O of the Toronto accident aircraft in 2005 who was at the controls initially - and, if the information is correct, that would make the Toronto F/O a male, not female. I'm not making accusations ... I'm asking for anyone who may KNOW the facts.
I read in the Toronto report:
"Le commandant de bord a été désigné pilote aux commandes (PF) pour le décollage et la première moitié du vol. Le copilote devait être le PF pendant la seconde moitié du vol, y compris pendant l'approche et l'atterrissage à CYYZ. Les tâches de PF/PNF (pilote non aux commandes) avaient été interverties afin de permettre au commandant de bord d'effectuer un décollage au cours de ce vol. Les tâches ont été échangées à 16 h 17, et l'équipage est passé du pilote automatique no 1 au pilote automatique no 2."
(the CPT was the PF who took off the plane and flew the 1st half of the flight, the copilot being scheduled to be the PF for the 2nd half, approach and landing)
"À 16 h 17, les membres d'équipage ont échangé leurs tâches de PF et de PNF, ce qui s'est traduit par un passage du pilote automatique no 1 au pilote automatique no 2. À partir de ce moment-là, c'est le copilote qui a été le PF"
(at 16:17, the copilot becomes the PF and he is the one who will land the plane at 20:01)
source: Le Bureau de la sécurité des transports du Canada - RAPPORTS AVIATION - 2005 - A05H0002

...and the Toronto copilot joined AF in 1985 (over 40 yrs in 2009): he is not the AF 447 captain (not qualified for A340 in 2005) nor the copilots (too young). So the facts seem to oppose to the possibility that either the Toronto CPT (now probably retired) or the copilot/PF for landing may have been in the AF 447 cockpit, don't you agree ?
Jeff