PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 20:26
Arcane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Glorified Donkey

What do your (rather ignorant and rude) posts have to do with vacancies in Indian aviation ? However, if I may indulge a bit, I'd to open your eyes a bit, as far as 'earning one's dues' in India goes :
1. India's GA sector is virtually non-existent. Ergo, very few instructing jobs.
2. "Chucking bags" doesn't pay as much as one would think (surprise, surprise).
3. I'm sure you'd appreciate the fact that India isn't close to the Arctic. Thus, no flying to be done there.
4. They don't tell you that being a pilot is glamorous in your part of the world because it isn't. Pilots compete with Wal-Mart employees, as far as salaries go. Oh, BTW, there are still enough FTO's who bull**** you about the availability of jobs, and there are enough people to fall for it.
5. That case you're referring to would probably be Air India's recruitment being challenged. I don't think any Indian (or anyone who doesn't talk without any understanding of the system) minds that.
6. Out of curiosity - where do you work and as what ? You seem to have quite an opinion on how one should become that perfect pilot and become a success in life. I'd like to know whether you're speaking out of experience or you're trying to run down Indian's generally.

Apologies for going OT. I will not reply to such posts henceforth.

@agent123
I doubt SpiceJet will hire anytime soon. They have quite a backlog as far as their own cadet pilots are concerned.