PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 19:05
COCOCHANEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry tushar...

I hear you glorified donkey, and I really feel bad that you had such a bad experience with wannabes. There are some good and bad apples, and if you had come across mostly bad ones, then I really emphathize with you and understand why you feel the way you do.

Some guys who went for the training were quite immature. It was real for them, as there were lots of people jumping into rhs after cpl, but it was no excuse to act in the ways you described. And kids tend to brag and all that, generally I just ignore it and just think, kids, and put them in their places when needed.

However, I also made very good friends, who are nothing like what you described. It is a matter of experience. It becomes a bit controversial to generalize or stereotype, it leads to a lot of resentment towards some young indian pilots of whom you've never met or been dealing with.

My American instructor and I still have a great instructor-student friendship, after the course, and I sort of hero worship him for being such a great instructor.

Regarding things happening in India, there are a lot of corruption. Which is for another thread and another time of discussion.

I believe those guys you described, though I don't know them, now would have to come to terms with it, like it or not. Hopefully it will be good lesson about the aviation business and its vicissitudes and help them to be a good pilot. Some will be doomed by their own behaviour and will be unable to change obviously, but that also applies to everybody.

This thread is for information purposes for everyone, so I would appreciate if you can contribute in a positive way related to it when you can.