PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 18:32
Glorified Donkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My intention was not to troll. I speak from experience. We have tons of Indian and Chinese students coming to train. All with very poor english and big dreams fed to them by the new startup airlines. I have found that although both the Indian and Chinese students are willing to learn, the Indian students have come with an attitude that they are the s***. The programs feed into this to boost their confidence by letting them wear pilot shirts with 4 bar epaulettes.

Everytime I come in for fuel you should see these guys with their giant aviator glasses standing beside their Cessna 150s. They also love to tell you that when they get back to India they will be flying airliners and instructors are getting sick of dealing with their attitude and poor flying skills. Not to offend anyone but if you guys over their think you are really that good, let me tell you that out of 5 schools which are teaching Indian students over here, of which I know instructors and owners, almost all of you are just scrapping by. Instructors are leaving in huge numbers because they cant stand you almost killing them every flight. You will eventually leave these schools only to be babysat by another of our experienced pilots flying for your carriers.

Your possibly not getting very much support as a low timer because on the other side of the globe where you are mostly training, pilots love to fly and pay their dues for years to sit in a seat of an airliner. Chucking heavy bags for years or instructing or flying in the arctic. They build up their flying skills and experience and then move on to better things. We dont have a system that feeds us baloney about aviation being glamourous and people wanting to become pilots to be respected and get paid a lot of money. If you do it for that reason, you will be a very crappy pilot.

I saw just recently that a bunch of Indian students are suing an airline for not telling them about interview results. They bought into the hype, spent tens of thousands of dollars and now are disappointed. Guess what, every pilot I knew didnt fly or get a flying job for a year to two years after graduating... and that was in good times too.

My advice for the low timers, lose the attitude that you are boss and make sure you are learning whats required of you properly, it could some day, save your life.