PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government to cut wounded soldiers’ awards
Old 26th Jul 2009, 08:46
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi 3,

Yes, I did. I wasn't slagging off the media. I was slagging off the g'ment for being media obsessed - there is a difference (lets not forget either, the media giveth and the media taketh away - you place excessive reliance on it at your peril).

My point was, if we are going to have a memorial service for WW1, wouldn't it be seeming to at least wait a short while? Or perhaps we could all have our own memorial services, you know.. in advance, just to see who turns up?

I feel annoyed that Brown's crass and cynical intent marginalises the sacrifice made all our veterans. The principle of seeing people who claim expenses for their poppies looking sombre on our behalf at this, makes me wanna hurl. We have just one Matelot alive still - why are we not waiting until the very last of our veterans is no longer around? Have we no respect?

PS: Where would we be without our glorious leaders spreading the word of democracy?

MPs relax after expenses scandal ... with South Pacific trip funded by the taxpayer | Mail Online

Last edited by Al R; 26th Jul 2009 at 10:58.