PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2009, 06:58
Boomerang_Butt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious as to what you mean by the service to you when on staff travel is 'not good'. If by that you mean maybe having to wait for a meal or being given a tray & informed that crew will be back with mains shortly, then sorry that is how staff travel works.

Paying pax first, duty travellers next & 'R' pax last. I've been appalled at some of the tantrums I've witnessed from companions on recreational travel at either not getting their first choice or being asked to wait. I'm sorry, you're on a staff ticket and you expect me to give you a first choice & make a paying pax miss out? Think again mate, staff tickets are a privelige not a right and getting sulky with the crew when we run out of ice cream won't help matters.

Having said that 99% of our staff travellers are great, but it does cheese me a bit to see some IT guy's girlfriend's mum sitting up there while others in the company miss out on seats altogether. Biggest way to win over a large chunk of staff would be for AJ to fix the staff travel issue for the casual crew once and for all. I believe they are the only cabin crew anywhere who get no perks whatsoever on their own airline. Sure, they are contractors but they work alongside everyone else doing the same job. Even Easyjet crew get travel perks from day one!

I know some people reading think this is a petty thread but it's true, employees in other industries get plenty of perks yet a lot of the general public seem to think airline staff are spoilt, why, it's the same as anyone else who gets a company car, shares or paid business trips...