PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is Air Canada losing so much money and what can done about it?
Old 25th Jul 2009, 15:31
hotndusty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Air Canada experience from a passenger perspective is abhorrent most of the time; there is a handfull of people in that organization who should be awarded the medal of honor nevertheless. Aside from any Canadian regulation (protectionism) I truly believe the answer is 'free market' competition. Westjet has proven itself a formidable adversary in that regard mostly in the domestic scope, Air Transat as well in limited markets and no doubt there are others. But..the international market remains unscathed at Air Canada and I think that is their bread and butter. Emirates has been attempting to gain further access into the Canadian market beyond the full A380's that arrive into Toronto weekly. I do believe that the majority of Canadian traveler has yet to experience service that doesn't include condescending school yard tactics, in-flight crews that are trained and mandated to be polite, smile and helpful and give the highest level of customer experience vs. what we all know as being the usual AC experience. Now before judgement is made I use Emirates as the example but that is to highlight the contrast..it can be any number of carriers. Isn't it time that this 'legacy' carrier either steps up to the plate or disappears altogether?