PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excelsis Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2009, 15:14
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excelsis :- I have never "bought" into this and to me in retrospect it becomes even more absurd. From talk about 737's in all exec. config. to now 4 x Dash 8.400's demonstrates a very fickle approach to this matter. Indeed the only complement I can make to the perpetrators(s) is well done to the obtaining of free publicity for their website irrespective as to it's purpose. Back to reality and surely the veil drawn over the real purpose of this can easily be lifted by the press or indeed anyone else paying a visit to "11/12 Pioneer Court"!
As for DTVA & their recent statement then I would suggest that in reality they too remain sceptical as the DTVA website currently makes no reference to this venture, and from experience due to the site being desperate for news, when even a pool full of newts can make headlines. Furthermore :-
the airport stopped short of saying the new Excelsis service was a done deal..
suggests that DTV actually know very little themselves.
The whole concept is devoid of any business logic as one should never seek to market a product pre-contract, as it alerts others (possibly the real intention? Flybe..) & it weakens ones bargaining position & drives up the price! Some one is taking the p**s big time ..it could only happen at DTV