PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2009, 07:47
harbour cotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please can we stop this drivel and return to the manchester AIRPORT forum.

Most pax want to use an airport convenient to them if possible. Most prefer a choice. Although I fly approximately 30 times per year, to worldwide destinations, I have only used MAN, LGW and LHR once each (not even return) in the past 5 years. This is for various factors.

For example, to fly to Peru, I flew EZY LPL/MAD, Iberia MAD/LIM and Star LIM/CUZ. I took this option as I saved considerably on the long haul tax as well as overall fares as I deliberately chose not to interline. Okay so its a bit of a hassle re-checking in, but I saved overall more than £200.00p. With that saving I booked into the executive lounge for a mere £12.00p, making the overall experience not bad. (I have to say however that the Iberia experience is even worse than BA and Flyglobespan, so its not all plainsailing!)

A couple of years ago I flew GLA to Orlando. Why? It was during the school holidays in England, but in Scotland they return by mid-August. Therefore for a family of 4 it was £1,600 cheaper in total than the cheapest option from MAN for the same fortnight. This meant an additional 2.1/4 hour drive in each direction, but I also took in a days sightseeing at GLA as my preference. Overall it was actually a good experience, as well as cheap.

Please do not presume that anyone outside of MAN see MAN as a first choice, even within the Northwest. Its always best to have a choice. Please continue to support your airport but enough is enough of my city is bigger or not than yours rubbish and all of the associated drivel.