PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2009, 03:10
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amelia Earhart PNG Search

Seal 11 & 2 Dogs.....

I was up in Port Morbid when this jumped onto pprune and a mate has just sent me the url, so here's the response......

I'm still looking ! 15 years on and we have not come across one scrap of metal in the jungle which we could say was part of the Electra.

The big problem is getting the Americans to take off their fogged glasses and study the evidence and come up with the dough for the required Magnetometer Survey. Strange thing was when I contacted CILHI in Hawaii, the C.O. of the Recovery Unit got back to me through a third party who was Australian (the guy had a diving outfit on the NSW coast and he had done some work for the U.S. Navy). The offer was that the U.S. Army would fund it but I was to walk away when it was found. So the U.S. Army know all about it but I am still hampered by that condition which I will not agree to.

I am convinced after 12 trips and some $120,000 down the gurgler that the wreck is buried. It is an expensive place to get to and requires two chopper lifts to get the team and equipment in. Last time we went by boat, which was interesting, if somewhat more dangerous than a single engined chopper.

There are landslips in the area and the loggers have been into parts of the search area and left a terrible mess which the torrential rain dumps off the edge of the ridge.

The evidence is excellent both in documentary form and the verbal descriptions from the surviving Vets. There were four in 1994. Only two of them left now.

I have had an agent in L.A. scouring for money for two years and it is looking brighter but the GFC is causing some delay. First it was the Iraq War that stopped the funding, then Afghanistan and now the GFC.

There is a picture of the map edge with the "600H/P S3H1 C/N1055" under "Pictures" and this is our main evidence. The story makes interesting reading and takes about an hour to read through.

Anyone have any questions, pm me or mail me at the address on the website (preferred).

Regards,

David Billings