PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2009, 00:35
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Razoray;

At some point I think they are going to find the wreckage and the recorders. That will inevitably start a whole new round of speculation especially after preliminary readings are posted. Practically everyone, pent up with anticipation, will be suffering from premature release. A few very wise posters here have said that the recorders, if readable, may not provide all the answers either and so another round of tea-leaf reading will unfold. I think it is that moment at which all must keep their head and suspend judgement in favour of curiosity, (he said, knowing it won't happen). As I said in the first thread, we must be extremely circumspect in any new arrival of information and be very aware of the psychology behind "finding cause", the first factor of which is hindsight bias which, I know from personal experience here and in my own work will, (not may), blind one to new notions and original ways of seeing things.

A very long time ago in university, a psych prof said, "Eastern rats perform better for eastern psychologists". That lesson alone was worth the price of admission.