PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2009, 23:43
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So .. seem's the stick is a handicap in this case and a conventional yoke will be more adapted for this kind of situation.
I don't wish to sound unkind, but when I posted my response I was wondering how long it would for someone to make this observation.

When something is over-analyzed, everything has a handicap that can be "pointed to" as a problem.

The difficulty here is, and I have taken great pains to be patient in explaining the aircraft and how we operate it and what it is like under ordinary and abnormal circumstances, is you just have to take it for granted that Airbus (and Boeing) have actually done some intelligent design work with the basics and believe me, that is really basic stuff that's been around for a very long time.

If I may offer some advise, please do some thinking beforehand and always assume that the people who conceive of, engineer and fly these aircraft know what they're doing and are very, very good at it. JD-EE's response to you was sufficient and well-placed for the layman to comprehend the issue. You're over-analyzing and second-guessing and it's noise, not progress. That's not the way to understand this or any accident or incident.

Just a word to the wise. Most pilots have long since left this thread.

Last edited by PJ2; 25th Jul 2009 at 00:26.