PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A345 Tail Strike Captain breaks his silence
Old 24th Jul 2009, 19:13
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it, MTOW!

It might seem like a slight thread drift if we pound on this, as the MEL operation works with 2 sets of crews. However EK flies into PER with the constellation of 1 skipper and 2 FOs. We raise the issue of inadequate rest facilities as to demonstrate the abismal consideration this company shows when it comes to issues for its tech crews. I am astonished at the laxnessnes of the Australian authorities in this respect. Allthough the inquiry for the MEL incident is one thing, having involved the airline with the most LH/WB flights in and out of Australia (after the local one), should trigger more attentiveness to such matters. I assume that with the Qantas A330 incident, having a 3 man crew as well, they should be more sensitive to shoving skippers into some remote coffin over their territory .... but then again authorities mostly only step in when the s#!t has already hit the fan.

Trends are here to warn us, and crews speaking out as well. It is way too simple to just condemn the involved. Basically this reduces us (and the authorities) to the level of most airline mangers.