PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2009, 14:32
Jackboot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise

I love the suggestion that helicopter training should be conducted over water. It would add a whole new dimension and complexity to hover/ hover taxy practice! Bigger barf bags to cope with air and sea sickness?!

These people are extremists.

I bet they are all fairly elderly. As you get older, minor irritations can become obsessions. I bet the person who runs this silly website has devoted his life to it and it will get him precisely nowhere.

'I remember Fred - he was that nutter who jumped up and down shaking his fist every time a helicopter flew over.'

I think I would like to be remembered for doing something useful.

Meals on Wheels and outpatient volunteers are always short of drivers. Much better than sitting at home all day with the window open behaving like a crusty old f@rt whener we fly over.

I have operated my machine for nearly 4 years in and out of my home. I have done over 600 hrs without a complaint. In fact, quite the opposite. I have raised lots of money for the Air Ambulance etc. by offering free raffle-prize rides.

Helicopters are noisy - we all need to consider our neighbours and offer them the occasional ride. It works a treat for me.

JB