PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 24th Jul 2009, 13:55
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh I love it when the debate goes beyond the original thread I try to sit on my hands but it's hard
Govt contracts such as the one under discussion here am sure get ALL the facts before a decision is made because when it comes to money the Govt are the biggest thieves & want it for the cheapest price (afterall they are spending yours & my money here). The PC would be the obvious choice as far as money is concerned, none better probably. But when we add in 'safety' to a contract then that's a whole other story as we have witnessed in the Vic Govt contract now for many years. I can recall a few years ago now when working for another crowd whom flew Pollies around the countryside. Twins where always used & 2 pilots for that matter most of the time so you see anything to do with the Govt means in their eyes safety is No 1, am okay with that train of thought too
One can Analise stats 'till ya blue in the face but if yr out at night in IMC just having taken off from a non aid AD with high terrain in the vicinity, gone into less than VMC at say around 700ft & you loose an engine hands up those that would say (swearing on their manhood or womanhood) they would rather be in a PC than the old Beech?..........................hmmmm funny about that! So it has little to do with the stats that say it's safer in a SE than a twin in any situation. Am sure it is safer in a PC for Eg given the right circumstances after an engine failure but we don't always fly/live in the 'right' circumstances world now do we?
Ah sh1t who cares anyway, the countries going down the gurglier might as well gone down in a twin!
Step right up please............NEXT

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 24th Jul 2009 at 23:12.