PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF piot retrenchments
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2009, 06:31
caneworm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teresa,
If what you're saying is correct about the 330's going wet lease to J.I. why not simply leave the balus' in QF livery, cabin crew in QF uniform and just run the service as a charter. The cub's wouldn't know if they are on a 330, DC6 or Zeppelin, it's simply a machine to get them from home to some place warm, get the hair braided, maybe get a new tattoo and then come home. The in-flight service could be downgraded to align with J.I. catering policy. Might even make it easier for the "group accountants" to disguise and/or bury the cost as an expense to J* and bill it back to mainline.... now there's an idea!
No need for aircraft repainting and uniform re-issue unless there's a hidden agenda here.
Hmm, (c'worm looks up and to the right with hand on chin), I smells a rat with this idea I's do.[sic]

Longjohn,
Don't get too excited with Rambo's declaration of malingering, he's just stirring the pot to make us hardworking mainliners look bad.
He's not a QF pilot, hell he probably doesn't even work for an Australia airline. Nice try rambo, but no cigar.

Last edited by caneworm; 24th Jul 2009 at 06:58. Reason: Sentence structure