PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 24th Jul 2009, 05:41
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"rcoight" I haven't weighed into the old debate too much here with this thread as we all agree it's been done to death. But despite all the evidence that SE Turbo props are safer & they probably are "stats wise" (Stats won't keep me safe but a spare engine out ther either to the left or rigt of me will) it comes down to personal choice at the end of the day. I know I wouldn't want to fly one 'cause "I" believe they are not as safe, again my choice. I've said it a few times here over the years that ergonomically the PC sh1ts all over the old Beech technology (the Beech reminds me of an old FC Holden) but that's where it ends for me
The Vic contract for many many years has never allowed for SE airframes & for good reasons. I know why but am not going to devulge too much into that here, been there done that:-)

Yr right "SN' the RFDS ain't done yet but will be by June30th 2011 bar for some unforseen reason.
Okies more to come am sure but we are still down there at "Twin World" doing out job day & night with the best team I have ever worked with, that will be the shame of it all, the break-up of a well oiled SAFE team

Wmk2