PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ga wives
Thread: ga wives
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 13:35
Blue Albatross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found my wife a hobby too

My wife loves to fly with me if it means we're going somewhere nice. Having said that, she gets bored sitting in the plane and usually falls asleep in the back, waking up occasionally to find out how long more until we arrive.

Since I enjoy spending a day bimbling about with nowehere specfiic as a destination (which she simply does not see the point in), I began to feel guilty when I would suggest a day in the weekend when I wanted to go flying. So I found a solution. Her passion has always be boats and yachts. So we found a nice school near our house where she can spend all day on the water learning to sail, while I can spend all day in the air flying. At the end of the day, we share a few glasses of wine sharing stories of each others days, and now we both have hobbies which the other can share but each in the capacity of passenger :-)

Thankfully, there are many good inexpensive sailing schools here in the Netherlands. Would shudder to think how much sailing lessons would cost in my native Ireland where it really is a "posh person's" hobby.