PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 11:19
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for your comment “but you have to see that aviation does have exceptions from rules which usually apply to all other forms of industry” …what are you talking about, seriously what the hell are you talking about, I cannot see how our heavily regulated industry gets exceptions that would affect your obsessive compulsive attitude.
They get excluded from noise nuisance laws (or at least given exemptions). For example I can complain to the council about a noisy model helicopter and action would be taken, but I cannot do the same for a real helicopter. I do not want to get ijnto the rights and wrongs of this but merely point it out as fact.

Another example. I can fly and land a real helicopter in my garden for 28 days a year, but I can only race cars around it for 14 days. Again not an invitation for a discussion on the rights and wrongs.

As I understand it, I may be wrong, avaition gets taxed less on fuel than any other vehicular use. This is the only way avaiation can exist at the levels it does.

You obviously have issues with people challenging your industry and feel it appropriate to accuse them of mental illness, is that the result of some childhood trauma?

Oh, and by the way, I didnt realise that discussing an issue on a forum could be seen as "malicious persecution". Maybe your "issues" have clouded your view of reality?

I have never "persecuted" anybody in the helicopter industry, "maliciously" or otherwise. I may have done some serious reaserch into the subject and had some long detailed discussions with various stakeholders but none of that is anywhere near illegal or wrong as far as I know.